College (later Princeton Univ.) scrap book of a future Confederate surgeon with lots of autographs from CSA & Union Generals, Surgeons, and more.
- David Washington Lamb, Surgeon, CSA
- Randolph Harrison, Surgeon, CSA
- Francis Sorrell, Surgeon, CSA Head of Hospitals in Richmond (1861-1865)
- John A. Benbury, Lt. 1st Regt. N.C., CSA, Capt. 1st Regt. in 1862
- Thomas S. H. McCay, Colonel, Staff of General Herbert, CSA
- John Glaswell, Private, CSA
- George William Shewalter, Surgeon, CSA
- John Mercer Adler, Acting Assistant Surgeon, USA (1861-1865)
- Cornelius Williams Tolles, Brevet Major, USA, & Brevet Colonel in 1864
- Edward B. Wass, Chaplain 3rd N.Y. Cavalry (1863-1864)
- Francis P. Wellford, Surgeon, CSA
- George A. Otis, Surgeon, 27th Mass. Infantry (1861-1864), Curator, Army Medical Museum, Washington D.C. (1864-1881)
- James H. Leps, Chaplain, CSA (1862-1865)
- Bradley T. Johnson, Brigadier General, CSA
- Edward P. Nichols, Acting Surgeon, USA (1863-1865)
- William W. Belknap, Brigadier General, USA (1864) – Was in the Atlanta Campaign
- Silas Dean Ross, Son of Chief John Ross (Cherokee Nation)
- Prof. Jose. Addison Alexander
- James H Lee., Richmond, VA
- Henry Taylor, Caroline County, VA
- Henry Taylor, 47th VA Infantry, POW / Died in 1865
- J.R. Buhler, Buck’s Company, Mississippi Cavalry
- Daniel S. Baker, MS 36th Infantry
- E. Mitchell Whaley, 1st Lt. SC 1st Regiment Infantry
- William H. Armstrong, Lt. Col. 129th PA
- Dabney C. Harrison, Captain, 56th VA Infantry. Died of wounds in Nashville, Tennessee at Fort Donelson.
- and more needing research.
The Autograph book has some significant wear and damage to the covers and bindings (some repair has been done with tape). Many of the pages are no longer bound within the covers and are loose. There is some wear, fading and blemishing throughout the covers and the pages and some tears and creasing along the outer borders of the pages. The book is very delicate.