These oval “2nd” pattern were used from 1885 to 1903.
These button were designed for wear on the uniform collar in the regular army from 1885 to around 1897, although state militias (national guards) continued to use these until 1903.
Made at Rock Island Arsenal, these small paste board boxes filled with pink cotton padding were made beginning in the late 1890’s for issue to states. The buttons were replaced in 1897 by the U.S. Army with the silver “Marksman” bar.
The condition of these is fine and better. The heavy shanks for attaching to uniform collar are strong and intact. Great to have these in box for display.
USPS First Class Mail $8.00