Used from 1885 to 1921.
These marksman bars or pins were used by the regular army from 1885 to 1921. They are silver in color, where the bronze finished pins were issued to state units. Made at Rock Island Arsenal.
Pin back and in fine + condition, including the box make these harder to find.
56 mm long. Has a protective open catch. No markings on the back of the pin, but the labeled box is marked with maker’s name, JOS. MAYER, Inc., Seattle. The box is dated 1920.